GiftCards.com, the #1 website for gift cards, is looking for a Social Media Manager with over 5 years’ hands-on experience who can place the brand at the center of the online chatter around gifting. An expert in online community management and blog publishing with strong writing skills and a proven track record in developing a following of consumers and influencers across a variety of Web2.0 tools, platforms and apps.
The candidate will dominate the entire Web 2.0 and social media spectrum, including social networks, the blogosphere, and the online content and e-commerce spaces. He/she will have worked preferably for an Internet/e-Commerce company pushing compelling content through a wide variety of media, including consumer and corporate websites.
Social Media: Deep understanding of Facebook and Twitter, how to create and aggressively grow online communities within them with compelling content that will generate a strong and growing following. Experience with creating, maintaining and growing groups of friends/followers. Contest management. Highly familiar with all related social media and Apps: Instagram, FourSquare, Pinterest, Yelp, Flickr, LinkedIn, etc.
Specific Tasks will include:
- 1. Posting – writing blog posts, tweets, and material for social media channels
- 2. Social media marketing – creating, managing and growing the company’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties
- 3. Events and event planning – attending industry events and organizing virtual events
- 4. Public Relations – managing incoming media requests and coordinating with CMO and/or PR agency
- 5. Customer Relations – responsible for redirecting customer support inbound comments, requests, complaints to Customer Service department.
- 6. Web 2.0 Communications strategy – responsible for creating strategic marketing/communications plans to provide direction for the company’s public-facing communications
- 7. Analytics – Using Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
Basic Skills: Creative, detail-oriented, innovative, organized, and updated on all category trends. A self-starter and trusted advisor to marketing department. Ability to interact and communicate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams. Ability to manage budgets and deliver tasks on time. Tech-savvy, active and very familiar with all digital media: operating systems, social media, mobile platforms, blogging, etc.
Basic Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and over 5 years’ experience, mainly in social media or community management role. Strong work ethic and integrity. US citizen or permission to work in the United States.
The position reports into the company’s Chief Marketing Officer and is located in Pittsburgh, PA.
Compensation includes a competitive base salary and potential incentive based upon performance, company-wide profit sharing plan, 401(k), and full medical/dental/vision benefits provided.
If this position excites you, apply by emailing email@example.com with your resume.
Wolfe, LLC the parent company of GiftCards.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wolfe, LLC does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 Visas.
GiftCards.com™ is the online leader in gift cards, corporate incentives, group gifts, and discount gift cards to hundreds of today’s most popular retailers. GiftCards.com is the exclusive website to offer payment association branded gift cards to over 4 million local retailers, including restaurants, apparel retailers, car washes and more.