Are you looking for a great company to work for in your next career opportunity? GiftCards.com is the largest internet ecommerce company in the Pittsburgh, PA area. Here are some of our recognitions recently:
Recent Company and Executive Team Recognitions:
- Pittsburgh 100 Fastest Growing Companies (5 separate years)
- 2011 Ernst & Young E-Commerce Entrepreneur of the Year Award Winner
- 2011 CFO of the Year Finalist
- 2011 CIO of the Year Finalist
- 2011 Top Pittsburgh’s Best Places to Work
- 2011 Manufacturer of the Year Finalist
- 2011 Best Gift Card Site
- 2011 40 Under 40
- 2012 First Gift Card site to offer Local Gift Cards, 1.7 million merchants
- 2013 Issued 6 patents, and 32 pending
Pittsburgh has been voted the #1 most livable city in America. The cost of living is very low, schools some of the best in the nation, and one of the best and safest places to raise children.
Currently, GiftCards.com has 100+ employees, and we are looking to add an ambitious, goal-oriented, results driven employee to our company. We have been growing year over year, and are approaching the $100m value load level with goals to hit $1B in 2 years and we have industry changing patents and technology.
Here’s what our job entails:
The position will be reporting to the Director of Security and will have operational and governance responsibilities over the security of our eCommerce applications. This must include development experience and in-depth knowledge of application security architecture design and implementation.
The job role will consist of the following responsibilities:
- Leading the architecture and development efforts focused on preventing or remediating security vulnerabilities within our products;
- Design and implement holistic solutions on handling user input validation and sanitation;
- Take ownership of our Security Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and enhance or improve where needed;
- Must be able to identify logic errors while doing code reviews, like implicit trust issues, fail open scenarios, and logic relying on sudo-random or non-unique variables.
- Design and implement solutions that make use of other security components, like encryption, authentication / Single Sing-On (SSO), tokenization, application trust models, as well as others;
- Have in-depth and practical knowledge on defending application vulnerabilities, like Cross Site Script (XSS), SQL Injection, Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF), Clickjacking, and authentication issues.
There may be other areas of information security that you may be asked to assist with, including:
- Security Awareness
- Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery
- PCI Compliance
- Physical Security
- Minimum Security Baselines
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following:
- 5+ years of strong software development with a focus on information security;
- Strong understanding of logical controls and vulnerability testing techniques;
- Familiarity with development frameworks like WordPress, Symfony, Cake, and Twig a plus;
- Experience with ensuring security within mobile application designs (iPhone, Android) a plus;
- Demonstrated experience of analytical and project management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations to management;
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical subjects to engineers, product managers, and management;
- Ability to work in a fast paced and collaborative environment;
- Will be required to have, or achieve within one (1) year of employment, an industry recognized security certification. Examples may be CISSP, CISA, CISM, OSCP, GSEC, CEH, etc.
Compensation includes a competitive base salary up to $80,000.
GiftCards.com is committed to providing its employees with a benefits package designed to give them the flexibility and protection they need to ensure a healthy life/work balance. GiftCards.com offers its employees great benefits and perks, including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental with a ZERO deductible plan
- Generous Paid Time-Off policy
- Profit-sharing plan
- 10 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Miscellaneous Perks
- Employee of the Month program ($250)
- Charitable Donation to a Charity of YOUR Choice yearly ($500)
- Refer Friends, and if we hire them you get awarded (up to $1,000)
- Family Picnic, Holiday Party, and other employee outings
- Subsidized gym membership at Greentree Fitness
- On-site dry cleaning pick-up service
If that’s not enough, GiftCards.com has more to offer, like:
- Top 75% pay range versus other local employers
- Every team member is part of Small groups where every employee has input for bottom-up decision making
- Brown bag sessions to keep you informed on the company/industry
If this position excites you, apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
Wolfe, LLC, the parent company of GiftCards.com, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wolfe, LLC does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 Visas.