Are you looking for a great company to work for in your next career opportunity? GiftCards.com is the largest internet ecommerce company in the Pittsburgh, PA area. Here are some of our recognitions recently:
Recent Company and Executive Team Recognitions:
- Pittsburgh 100 Fastest Growing Companies (5 separate years)
- 2011 Ernst & Young E-Commerce Entrepreneur of the Year Award Winner
- 2011 CFO of the Year Finalist
- 2011 CIO of the Year Finalist
- 2011 Top Pittsburgh’s Best Places to Work
- 2011 Manufacturer of the Year Finalist
- 2011 Best Gift Card Site
- 2011 40 Under 40
- 2012 First Gift Card site to offer Local Gift Cards, 1.7 million merchants
- 2013 Issued 6 patents, and 32 pending
Pittsburgh has been voted the #1 most livable city in America. The cost of living is very low, schools some of the best in the nation, and one of the best and safest places to raise children.
Currently, GiftCards.com has 100+ employees, and we are looking to add an ambitious, goal-oriented, results driven employee to our company. We have been growing year over year, and are approaching the $100m value load level with goals to hit $1B in 2 years and we have industry changing patents and technology.
Here’s what our job entails:
Our Database Administrator is responsible for maintaining data integrity within the company. In support of this requirement, the DBA requires both technical level experience and ability to interface with all levels of users. Essential functions of the job include, but not limited to: support and maintain database applications, system tuning, performance monitoring, database maintenance, data ETL, and Report generation. Experience required for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent in work experience
- Five (5) or more years’ experience with MySQL/MariaDB storage engines, database replication, and backup/restore operations
- Experience using ODBC/PDO and other native database access protocols
- Database troubleshooting and the ability to rapidly and accurately diagnose unexpected database performance & replication issues.
- Experience with SQL query optimization, table normalization, creation and indexing
- Good planning, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Self-Starter, with ability to work with minimal supervision
Ideal candidate will have:
- Familiarity with development using the Agile and Scrum or other SDLC
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in scripting, preferably in PHP
- OOP, RESTful API, Symfony 2 and service oriented architecture experience preferred
- Experience with Linux operating systems at a systems administration level
- Knowledge of non-relational databases such as document and graphing databases
- Experience with various backup and disaster recovery techniques
Compensation includes a competitive base salary up to $70,000.
GiftCards.com is committed to providing its employees with a benefits package designed to give them the flexibility and protection they need to ensure a healthy life/work balance. GiftCards.com offers its employees great benefits and perks, including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental with a ZERO deductible plan
- Generous Paid Time-Off policy
- Profit-sharing plan
- 10 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Miscellaneous Perks
- Employee of the Month program ($250)
- Charitable Donation to a Charity of YOUR Choice yearly ($500)
- Refer Friends, and if we hire them you get awarded (up to $1,000)
- Family Picnic, Holiday Party, and other employee outings
- Subsidized gym membership at Greentree Fitness
- On-site dry cleaning pick-up service
If that’s not enough, GiftCards.com has more to offer, like:
- Top 75% pay range versus other local employers
- Every team member is part of Small Groups where every employee has input for bottom-up decision making
- Brown bag sessions to keep you informed on the company/industry
If this position excites you, apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
Wolfe, LLC, the parent company of GiftCards.com, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wolfe, LLC does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 Visas.