GiftCards.com is the largest Internet e-Commerce company in the Pittsburgh, PA area. We are changing the Gift Card industry from same old plastics, to personalized, customized, on demand and digital gifting. Here are some of our recognitions recently:
Recent Company and Executive Team Recognitions:
- Pittsburgh 100 Fastest Growing Companies (5 separate years)
- 2011 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award Winner
- 2011 CFO of the Year Finalist
- 2011 CIO of the Year Finalist
- 2011 Top Pittsburgh’s Best Places to Work
- 2011 Manufacturer of the Year Finalist
- 2011 Best Gift Card Site
- 2011 40 Under 40
- 2012 First Gift Card site to offer Local Gift Cards, 1.7 million merchants
- 2013 Issued 7 patents, and 40 pending
- 2013 Governors Impact Award winner
- 2014 Business Ethics Award Finalist
Pittsburgh has been voted the #1 most livable city in America. The cost of living is very low, schools some of the best in the nation, and one of the best and safest places to raise children.
Currently, GiftCards.com has 100+ employees, and we are looking to add an ambitious, compassionate, and intelligent employee to our company to help us on our path to change the Gift Card industry. Our mission is to make givers and receivers of gift cards, smile.
Here’s what our job entails:
Our Developer is part of our development team, responsible for playing an active role in the entire life-cycle of a project which includes business specification input/review, technical specification creation, project development, quality assurance fixes and release management. You will work in a fast-paced team-centric environment.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years (5) years PHP experience; configuration knowledge of LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP) Environment; relevant experience in an Agile continuous integration project life cycle; and have the ability to mentor junior and mid-level developers and to effectively lead projects.
Experience required for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent in work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience developing in PHP
- Minimum of five (5) years’ web development experience
- Proficient in MySQL usage, query writing and schema creation
- Familiarity with development using the Agile and Scrum or other SDLC
- OOP, RESTful API, Symfony 2 and service oriented architecture preferred.
- Adept at Requirements Definition, Prototyping and Functional Analysis
- Self-Starter, with ability to work with minimal supervision
Ideal candidate will have a knowledge of infrastructures such as Cloud, Clustering, VM and Web Farm; training in Architecture, Enterprise Development Standards, and OOP; and knowledge of Flash/Flex/JQuery/Ajax.
Compensation includes a competitive base salary.
GiftCards.com is committed to providing its employees with a benefits package designed to give them the flexibility they need to ensure a healthy life/work balance. GiftCards.com offers its employees great benefits and perks, including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Prescription, Vision and Dental with a ZERO deductible plan
- Generous Paid Time-Off policy
- Profit-sharing plan / Incentive stock plan
- Paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Miscellaneous Perks
- Employee of the Month program ($250)
- Charitable Donation to a Charity of YOUR Choice yearly ($500)
- Refer Friends, and if we hire them you get awarded (up to $1,000)
- Family Picnic, Holiday Party, and other employee outings
- Subsidized gym membership at Greentree Fitness
- On-site dry cleaning pick-up service
If that’s not enough, GiftCards.com has more to offer, like:
- Top 75% pay range versus other local employers
- Every team member is part of Small groups where every employee has input for bottom-up decision making
- Brown bag sessions to keep you informed on the company/industry
If this position excites you, apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
Wolfe, LLC, the parent company of GiftCards.com, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wolfe, LLC does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 Visas.