The Five Gift Cards that make the Best Stocking Stuffers, and Why!
This Christmas, even Santa will be turning to gift cards! Though Rainbow Looms, Minions, and Furbys (yet again) are sure to be found under the tree, gift cards are this season’s hottest stocking stuffers. Available in modest dollar amounts, suitable for a variety of tastes, and perfectly sized for stockings, gift cards will be decking the halls this holiday season.
Below are five gift cards that make great stocking stuffers:
- iTunes gift cards. With popular songs and apps costing less than a dollar, a 10 or 15 dollar gift card could be redeemed for several hours’ worth of entertainment. Though easy to redeem and use on an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, iTunes gift cards can also be redeemed on a computer, so you don’t need an Apple device to enjoy an iTunes gift card.
- Fandango gift cards. With the average cost of movies closing in on 8 dollars (it’s double that in my town!), movie tickets are welcome gifts for kids and families. Regal Cinemas, AMC Theaters, and Cinemark Movie gift cards also make great stocking stuffers. But if you aren’t sure what movie theaters are located near the recipient, choose a Fandango gift card that can be redeemed almost anywhere.
- Starbucks gift cards. No longer just an adult treat, kids love the decadent hot chocolate, fruit-blended smoothies, and other milkshake-like drinks available at Starbucks. (Have you tried the Double Chocolaty Chip Frappuccino® Blended Crème? To die for.) A five dollar gift card buys one drink. A 20 dollar gift card could buy several.
- Coldstone Creamery gift cards. Whether you choose a local ice cream parlor or a national chain, ice cream store gift cards make great stocking stuffers. And you don’t have to put much money on the card to make it redeemable or the experience memorable. A ten dollar gift card is more than enough for a good brain freeze!
- Target or Walmart gift cards. Both Target and Walmart carry a wide range of merchandise at all price points—including several items that can be purchased for less than 20 dollars. Kids who didn’t get what they hoped for under the tree, can use these stocking stuffer gift cards to make up for Santa’s misstep.
Since gift cards are repeatedly the most requested gift on holiday wish lists, Santa’s sleigh should be getting lighter and lighter every year. Available in budget-friendly dollar amounts, pleasing to nearly all kids on the “nice list,” and certainly less messy than sugar plums, gift cards make perfect stocking stuffers for Christmas.
Happy Gift Carding!
P.S. Want more gift cards? Then share your #giftcard love via the links below!