Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing of their nonpublic personal information. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. To this end, we will maintain standards to reasonably ensure that your information is private and secure at all times. We want you to understand what information we collect, and how we use and protect it.
We will not share your confidential information with any company or third party except as required or permitted by law.
The basis of each of our customer relationships is built on trust. You have chosen to do business with us, and we guard that relationship with great care, beginning with the information you have chosen to share with us. Omni will not share nonpublic personal information about you with any company or third party except as required or permitted by law. This means, for example, that we can disclose your confidential information:
- • To third parties that help us provide products or services to you;
- • To third parties that assist us in marketing accounts and services to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements to enhance our financial product or service offerings;
- • To consumer reporting agencies;
- • To third parties that process or service a financial product, service or transaction that you requested or authorized;
- • To respond to a subpoena, court order or judicial process; to pursue a sale, merger, or transfer of all or a portion of a business or operating unit;
- • To our regulators and auditors;
- • To protect against or prevent fraud, manage risk, or resolve customer disputes;
- • To a third party to whom you specifically authorize us to share the information.
Whenever other companies or third parties provide services for us or on our behalf, we require them by contract to maintain the appropriate safeguards to ensure the security and the confidentiality of the information that we provide them. Because certain disclosures of confidential information are specifically required or permitted by law, we can make these disclosures even if you prefer we do not do so. Therefore, you do not have to respond to this notice in any way.
How we use, collect, and retain information about you.
Your relationship is important to us and we're committed to providing you with the best service possible. To do that, we gather information from a variety of sources to keep you informed about the many financial services, products, and benefits available to you as our customer. For example, we collect information from the following sources:
- From you whether in writing on applications, by telephone, electronically or by any other means. This information may include your name, address, and social security number;
- Transactions with others or us. This information may include your account balances, payment history and account usage;
- Consumer reporting agencies. This information may include account information and information about your creditworthiness and credit history; and,
- Public sources. This information may include real estate records and telephone numbers.
- • The fact that you are our customer or a customer of another financial institution
- • Your name, address, social security number and account number
- • Any information you provide on an application
- • Information from a "cookie" obtained when you use our website
- • Information on a consumer report on you obtained by us
- • Fraud Prevention - Sharing information amongst our affiliated companies helps us to prevent fraud. Your accounts and your personal identity are better protected from thieves and imposters, and Omni is less vulnerable to losses from fraud. Consumer fraud is costly. Controlling it keeps your costs down.
- • Enhanced Service - Sharing information enables us to provide you with superior service. For example, our call centers are able to serve you faster and more efficiently when they have access to all of your bank relationships and account information. You have the convenience of calling just one number to have most of your questions answered.
- • Tailored Products and Services - Knowledge of your account relationships, balances and transaction behavior helps us to identify what products and services may be most interesting to you. We use this information to keep you informed about those suited to you. It also helps us to identify and notify you when market conditions are favorable to you.
The confidentiality of your nonpublic personal information will continue to be maintained consistent with this privacy notice even if you decide to close your account(s), your account becomes inactive, or when you otherwise cease to do business with us.
We will maintain a security program to protect your information.
We have been certified by the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) as a Level 1 service provider and merchant. We are committed to the security of your financial and personal information. We safeguard information according to established security standards and procedures, and we continually assess new technology for protecting information. We restrict access of personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. Our employees are trained to understand and comply with these information principles. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your non-public personal information.
We do not knowingly collect or use personal information from children under 13 without verifiable consent from their parents.
CAN-SPAM Act Opt-Out Policy
Subscribers receiving our email messages can opt-out at any time by going to our email opt-out page and submitting their email address.
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about privacy to help you understand our position on this important issue.
1. Does Omni’s Privacy Notice cover my accounts with other Omni affiliated companies which operate GiftCards.com, WRL.com d/b/a OmniCard, GiftYa.com, OmniCard.com and MyCoupons.com?
Yes, however, you may receive more than one copy of the notice from us if you have several accounts or do business with more than one of our affiliate companies. This helps us to ensure that all customers receive it.
2. What is "nonpublic personal information"?
"Nonpublic personal information” is information about you that we obtain in connection with providing a financial product or service including any information about you resulting from a transaction involving a financial product or service. Examples of nonpublic personal may include the following information about you as long as the information is not also publicly available:
3. Do you sell information about me to other companies?
No. We will not sell information about you. We honor the trust that you have placed in us to keep information about you confidential.
4. Why does Omni share information about me with other its affiliated companies?
There are many benefits to sharing information within our family of companies. These are just a few:
5. What if I believe that the personal information contained in your records is incorrect or inaccurate?
Please contact us at 877-944-3822 if any of your information is incorrect or if any information changes, such as your name or address. We will research your concern and make any necessary corrections.
|Cards & Services||Top Retailers||Best Sellers|