New Survey Results! Receiving a GIFT CARD Makes Us HAPPY
Of the more than 1,000 people surveyed, around three in four (76%) agreed with the statement, “Receiving a gift card makes me happy.” Learn more about the gift card survey and other findings below.
New Gift Card Statistics for 2018
In a recent survey conducted by YouGov for Blackhawk Network, over 1,000 people were surveyed to find out how they REALLY feel about receiving gift cards*. Many of the survey results below will be added to my comprehensive list of the latest gift card statistics, plus we will be sharing tidbits on social media, too.
Gift Cards Make me Happy
The survey put out a simple statement and asked respondents if they agree or disagree. The statement? “Receiving a gift card makes me happy.” The results? More than three in four respondents (76%) agree – receiving a gift card results in happiness!
Does this apply to men AND women?
Yes! Both men and women are likely to be happy about receiving a gift card with women responding just a tad more in the affirmative. Specifically:
- 71% of men surveyed agree that receiving a gift card makes them happy.
- 81% of women surveyed agree that receiving a gift card makes them happy.
What about different generations?
Yes! Across generations, we all can agree that receiving a gift card makes us happy! For those who like a look at the numbers:
- 72% of 18-to-34-year-olds surveyed agree that receiving a gift card makes them happy.
- 80% of 35-to-54-year-olds surveyed agree that receiving a gift card makes them happy.
- 76% of those 55 and older surveyed agree that receiving a gift card makes them happy.
Gift Card Ideas
So if you are wondering whether or not to give mom a gift card for Mother’s Day or to give dad a gift card for Father’s Day, I think you can safely move in that direction. If you need some ideas for gift cards, then my first suggestion is to buy one of our personalized Visa gift cards or custom Mastercard® gift cards. You can upload a picture from your phone, computer or social media account to make a one-of-a-kind gift card Mom or Dad will love.
If you are crunched for time or need to send a gift to someone out of town, pick out the perfect egift card instead. eGift cards can be delivered (for free!) in a matter of minutes.
To wrap it up, check out our full complement of free gift card holders that you can download, print and use to deliver the gift cards you buy from us here online or from your favorite stores.
If you have any other questions about this survey or about gift cards in general, please let me know in the comments below or contact me on Twitter (@GCGirlfriend). I would love to address all of your gift card needs.
Happy Gift Carding!
~Shelley Hunter, Gift Card Girlfriend
* All figures, unless otherwise stated, are from YouGov Plc. Total sample size was 1128 adults. Fieldwork was undertaken between April 20-23, 2018. The survey was carried out online. The figures have been weighted and are representative of all US adults (aged 18+).