Everything you need to know about the NEW multi-store Happy Birthday gift card. Where to buy it, how to use it, tips for gifting and MORE!
In 2021, Blackhawk Network launched a new line of multi-store gift cards with greetings suitable for almost any occasion including a “Happy Birthday” option. Like other multi-store gift cards previously launched, each one is usable at any of the stores and restaurants listed on the card. Points of difference between these cards and their predecessors are the messaging, graphics and wider selection of top-brand merchants.
In the blog post below, I’ll introduce you to the Happy Birthday gift card along with instructions on how to use this gift card and some possible gift card pairing suggestions.
Introducing the Happy Birthday Gift Card
The Happy Birthday gift card is a wonderful new gift card for anybody having a birthday. Because it is usable at a variety of places, there is sure to be something the guest of honor can use. This Happy Birthday gift card is usable at any of the retailers listed on the card which currently includes the following:
- The Cheesecake Factory
- Ulta Beauty
- Outback Steakhouse
- AMC Theaters
Here’s a Tip:
To redeem a Happy Birthday gift card, you first swap it for an egift card to one (or more) of the merchants listed on the Happy Birthday gift card. You cannot take the card directly to one of the stores listed and expect to use it. It must be swapped first. But the process is easy and when the egift card(s) selected arrives, it can be used both in stores and online at the any of locations within the brand family.
For example, you can use a Gap egift card at any Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic or Athleta store. So, you may see 7 options listed on the Happy Birthday gift card, but you can actually enjoy the gift card at those places plus at least 3 other stores. If you count the websites and factory stores, there are even more.
Where to Buy Happy Birthday Gift Card
Happy Birthday gift cards are available at most major grocery stores and online here at Giftcards.com.
- Physical Cards: If you want a physical gift card like the one shown above, purchase it in stores.
- Digital Cards: If you want to send an egift card to save time and money (and get the shopping started quickly!), order it here: Happy Birthday Choice eGift Card.
How to Use Happy Birthday Gift Card
Because stores and restaurants each have their own online shopping carts and in-store cash register systems, to redeem a Happy Birthday gift card, you first have to convert it to the store’s gift card currency.
For example, if I want to use a Happy Birthday gift card at Athleta, I would first redeem the Happy Birthday gift card and select an Athleta egift card in exchange. You can select as many gift cards as the balance of your multi-store gift card allows.
Below are the detailed steps to follow:
- Go Online. Go to redeem.giftcards.com. Do not do a search, but rather type the URL directly into your browser’s address bar or scan the QR code from your phone. If you received the Happy Birthday gift card via email, just click the link.
- Enter the Card Number. Enter the card number and personal identification number (PIN) from the back of the Happy Birthday gift card.
- Choose Your eGift Card(s). Once accepted, you’ll see a screen full of gift cards to select. You can choose to put the entire balance of your Happy Birthday gift card onto a single egift card or you can split the value across multiple cards if your gift card balance allows.
- Complete Check Out. Once you have made your selections, complete the redemption process by checking out.
- Check Your Email. Once the transaction is complete, you should be presented with the egift cards in the same window, but a copy will also be sent to the email address you entered at checkout.
Now you have egift cards to redeem at the merchants you selected either in stores or online.
If you have any trouble with the redemption process, contact customer service.
Pairing Suggestions for Happy Birthday Gift Card
Pair a Happy Birthday gift card with a birthday cake or another celebratory treat. If the recipient has a favorite item from one of the stores listed, that would be a fun treat too. For example, you could tie a Happy Birthday gift card to a new hair clip from Ulta Beauty, a paint brush from Lowe’s, or some movie snacks from AMC Theaters. That’s a fun and easy way to deliver a Happy Birthday gift card with a little something to enjoy in the moment.
Here’s a YouTube video where I explain more:
What other questions do you have about the new Happy Birthday gift cards? Let me know in the comments below or reach out to me on Twitter (@GCGirlfriend) or Instagram (@Gift.Card.Girlfriend) so I can help you out.
Happy Gift Carding!
~Shelley Hunter, Gift Card Girlfriend