Everything you need to know about the Happy Holidays gift card. Where to buy it, how to use it, tips for gifting and MORE!
In 2021, Blackhawk Network launched a new line of multi-store gift cards with greetings suitable for almost any occasion. Like other multi-store gift cards previously launched, each one is usable at a curated set of stores and restaurants listed on the card. Points of difference between these cards and their predecessors are the messaging, graphics and wider selection of top-brand merchants.
In the blog post below, I’ll introduce you to the Happy Holidays gift cards along with instructions on how to use these gift cards and some possible gift card pairing suggestions.
Introducing the Happy Holidays Gift Cards
There are two versions of the Happy Holidays gift cards launched in 2021. The first is red that is usable at a variety of stores and restaurants. The green-ish gift card is usable at seven different nationwide stores and restaurants. I’ll share more about each one below.
The Red Happy Holidays gift card is usable at the stores and restaurants listed on the card with a nice selection of department stores, hardware stores and more. This list currently includes the following:
The Green Happy Holidays gift card is usable at seven different nationwide restaurants listed on the card. So the recipient is sure to find at least one restaurant to visit. This list currently includes the following:
- Cheesecake Factory
- Red Robin
- BJ’s Restaurant
- Red Lobster
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Outback Steakhouse
Where to Buy Multi-Store Gift Cards
Happy Holidays gift cards are available at most major grocery stores and online here at Giftcards.com.
- Physical Cards: If you want a physical gift card like the one shown above, purchase it in stores.
- Digital Cards: If you want to send an egift card to save time and money (and get the shopping started quickly!), order it here: Happy Holidays Choice eGift Card.
How to Use Happy Holidays Gift Cards
Because stores and restaurants each have their own online shopping carts and in-store cash register systems, to redeem a Happy Holidays gift card, you first have to convert it to the store’s gift card currency.
For example, if I want to use a Happy Holidays gift card at Lowe’s, I would first redeem the Happy Holidays gift card and select a Lowe’s egift card in exchange. You can select as many gift cards as the balance of your multi-store gift card allows.
Below are the detailed steps to follow:
- Go Online. Go to redeem.giftcards.com. Do not do a search, but rather type the URL directly into your browser’s address bar. If you received the Happy Holidays gift card via email, just click the link.
- Enter the Card Number. Enter the card number and personal identification number (PIN) from the back of the Happy Holidays gift card.
- Choose Your eGift Card(s). Once accepted, you’ll see a screen full of gift cards to select. You can choose to put the entire balance of your Happy Holidays gift card onto a single egift card or you can split the value across multiple cards if your gift card balance allows.
- Complete Check Out. Once you have made your selections, complete the redemption process by checking out.
- Check Your Email. Once the transaction is complete, you should be presented with the egift cards in the same window, but a copy will also be sent to the email address you entered at checkout.
Now you have egift cards to redeem at the merchants you selected either in stores or online.
If you have any trouble with the redemption process, contact customer service.
Pairing Suggestions for Happy Holidays Gift Card
Pair a Happy Holidays gift card with other holiday favorites such as your mom’s homemade fudge or your best friend’s secret salsa recipe.
Another choice is to pair a physical Happy Holidays gift card with something else shopping related. For example, you can tuck a Happy Holidays gift card into a reusable shopping bag, a winter houseplant or add it to a cute homemade gift card holder. If you have a favorite item from one of the stores listed, that’s an option too. You could tie a Happy Holidays gift card to a favorite dessert from Cheesecake Factory, a pair of socks from Kohl’s or a lightbulbs that go with the recipient’s new light from Lowe’s.
Here’s a YouTube video where I explain more:
What other questions do you have about the new Happy Holidays gift cards? Let me know in the comments below or reach out to me on Twitter (@GCGirlfriend) or Instagram (@Gift.Card.Girlfriend) so I can help you out.
Happy Gift Carding!
~Shelley Hunter, Gift Card Girlfriend