Everything you need to know to activate, check the balance and get help with your Joker Prepaid Mastercard (JokerCard.ca), plus a few fraud warnings.
Joker Prepaid Mastercard gift cards are versatile and easy to use. You can use them to buy anything from practical items to treats for family and friends. When I receive a prepaid Mastercard gift card, I activate it immediately and put it in my wallet so I remember to use it as soon as possible. Since Joker Prepaid Mastercard gift cards can be used wherever Mastercard is accepted, I am a pro at using every last cent on the card–in stores, online or over the phone.
But before you can use a Joker Prepaid Mastercard, it has to be activated at JokerCard.ca. In this post, I’ll share everything you need to know about activating, checking the balance and getting help with a gift card from JokerCard.ca plus a few tips on how to avoid fraudulent websites trying to impersonate JokerCard.ca.
Go to the REAL JokerCard.ca.
1. Activate Your Joker Prepaid Mastercard at JokerCard.ca
When you receive a Joker Prepaid Mastercard, the first thing to do is activate the gift card at JokerCard.ca. To do this, you MUST go to the correct website (JokerCard.ca). The web address is generally listed on the back of the gift card and, oftentimes, printed on a sticker across the front of the gift card as well. You may also find a telephone number or a QR code to use instead.
Below is a screenshot of what the CURRENT JokerCard.ca website landing page looks like. Of course, the images may change and the colors could too, but if you are on the correct website, the URL in the address bar should start with “https://www.jokercard.ca/”.
If you don’t see that URL, call the phone number on the gift card or use the QR code to be safe.
This may seem obvious, but there are many prepaid gift card websites. Sometimes customers post comments on my blog when they think their gift cards aren’t working. But when I ask clarifying questions, the problem is almost always tied to trying to activate or access the card information on the wrong website.
Since there are many issuers of prepaid debit cards, you have to be intentional about selecting the right website. Above all, do not do an online “search” in hopes of landing on the correct page. If you take that route, you run the risk of going to the wrong site or landing on a scam site. (More on that later.)
Here’s a Tip!
If you find that the print on the back of the gift card is too small to read, use your phone to zoom in on the details. This is an easy way to ensure you are reading the activation website correctly and double-check that you got the right one.
2. Check the Balance of a Joker Prepaid Mastercard at JokerCard.ca
To check the balance of your Joker Prepaid Mastercard, go directly to JokerCard.ca. Don’t do a search. If the address bar autofills the URL, make sure the search engine takes you to the intended website–not a web address that is close but not exact.
In this video below, I’ll show you how easy it is to get the wrong website address when activating a gift card and why it’s important to type the website address correctly.
3. Get Help with a Joker Prepaid Mastercard from JokerCard.ca
If you need help with a gift card from JokerCard.ca, go directly to that website and look for the Frequently Asked Questions or the Contact Us page on the website. To make it easier for you, I am including links here as well:
- JokerCard.ca Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- JokerCard.ca Contact Us
- JokerCard.ca Activation
- JokerCard.ca Balance Check
You’ll find information on how to replace a lost Joker Prepaid Mastercard or report a gift card lost or stolen at JokerCard.ca as well.
4. Remember to Use Your JokerCard.ca Gift Card
Since expiration dates and fees do apply to rebate gift cards, customer reward gift cards, and other types of incentive gift cards, it’s important to use these gift cards quickly. Below are some tricks I use to remember to use my prepaid gift cards.
To remember to use gift cards, I take the following steps:
- Store Gift Cards in Wallet. I activate gift cards and put them in my wallet next to the debit card I use most often. Every time I reach into my wallet to make a payment, I see these cards nearby. This reminds me to consider using the prepaid debit cards instead of my regular bank debit or credit cards when possible.
- Use Prepaid Cards for Everyday Purchases. Because prepaid debit cards can be used almost anywhere, I look for opportunities to use them every chance I get–especially in the first few days. When I reach into my wallet to buy groceries, I pull out the prepaid card instead of a debit or credit card. If I have to make a co-pay at the doctor’s office, I use the prepaid card too. I chip away at the balance until it is used entirely and never have to worry about losing the value to fees or expiration dates.
- Use My Online Gift Card Hack. Prepaid debit cards can also be redeemed on most websites. Since you can only use one form of payment online, I use this hack for using Visa gift cards online when the amount I need to pay is greater than the balance on my prepaid debit card.
5. Avoid Gift Card Scams
Lastly, before entering your gift card number into any website or app, check to make sure you are on the correct page. Scammers sometimes create fake look-alike websites to trick consumers into entering their card information. Once the card number, expiration date, and card verification code (CVC) is captured by a fraudulent website, the gift card balance can be accessed and drained.
This scam ONLY works, however, if you land on the wrong site. So, once again, type the gift card website address directly into the address bar on your browser. Don’t do a search and you’ll be fine.
What other questions do you have about Joker Prepaid Mastercard gift cards from JokerCard.ca or prepaid gift cards in general? Let me know in the comments below or reach out to me on Twitter (@GCGirlfriend) or Instagram (@Gift.Card.Girlfriend) so I can help you out.
Happy Gift Carding!
~Shelley Hunter, Gift Card Girlfriend