Everything you need to know about the Retail Therapy gift card. Where to buy it, how to use it, tips for gifting and MORE!
In 2021, Blackhawk Network launched a new line of multi-store gift cards with greetings suitable for almost any occasion. Like other multi-store gift cards previously launched, each one is usable at a curated set of stores and restaurants listed on the card. Points of difference between these cards and their predecessors are the messaging, graphics and wider selection of top-brand merchants.
In the blog post below, I’ll introduce you to the Retail Therapy gift card along with instructions on how to use the gift card and some possible gift card pairing suggestions.
Introducing the Retail Therapy Gift Card
The Retail Therapy gift card is one of my favorites. It’s usable at any of the retailers listed on the card which currently includes the following:
- Nordstrom Rack
Here’s a Tip:
To redeem a Retail Therapy gift card, you first swap it for an egift card to one (or more) of the merchants listed on the Retail Therapy gift card. When the egift card arrives, it is usable at any of the brands within the brand family selected.
For example, you can use a Nordstrom Rack egift card at Nordstom, Nordstrom Rack, Nordstrom Last Chance and Trunkclub.com. So even though the additional options are not listed on the Retail Therapy card, you can still convert your gift card dollars to the Nordstrom experience you prefer. The same is true for GAP egift cards which are usable at any Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic or Athleta store.
So, you may see just 6 options on the Retail Therapy gift card, but I see 12. And if you count the websites and factory stores, there are even more.
Where to Buy Retail Therapy Gift Card
Retail Therapy gift cards are available at most major grocery stores and online here at Giftcards.com.
- Physical Cards: If you want a physical gift card like the one shown above, purchase it in stores.
- Digital Cards: If you want to send an egift card to save time and money (and get the shopping started quickly!), order it here: Retail Therapy Choice eGift Card.
How to Use Retail Therapy Gift Card
Because stores and restaurants each have their own online shopping carts and in-store cash register systems, to redeem a Retail Therapy gift card, you first have to convert it to the store’s gift card currency.
For example, if I want to use a Retail Therapy gift card at Wayfair, I would first redeem the Retail Therapy gift card and select a Wayfair egift card in exchange. You can select as many gift cards as the balance of your multi-store gift card allows.
Below are the detailed steps to follow:
- Go Online. Go to redeem.giftcards.com. Do not do a search, but rather type the URL directly into your browser’s address bar. If you received the Retail Therapy gift card via email, just click the link.
- Enter the Card Number. Enter the card number and personal identification number (PIN) from the back of the Retail Therapy gift card.
- Choose Your eGift Card(s). Once accepted, you’ll see a screen full of gift cards to select. You can choose to put the entire balance of your Retail Therapy gift card onto a single egift card or you can split the value across multiple cards if your gift card balance allows.
- Complete Check Out. Once you have made your selections, complete the redemption process by checking out.
- Check Your Email. Once the transaction is complete, you should be presented with the egift cards in the same window, but a copy will also be sent to the email address you entered at checkout.
Now you have egift cards to redeem at the merchants you selected either in stores or online.
If you have any trouble with the redemption process, contact customer service.
Pairing Suggestions for Retail Therapy Gift Card
Pair a Retail Therapy gift card with other “therapy” helps like this aloe plant and some decadent chocolate.
Another choice is to pair a physical Retail Therapy gift card with something else shopping related. For example, you can tuck a Retail Therapy gift card into a reusable shopping bag, tie it to a reusable water bottle or add it to a cute homemade gift card holder. If you have a favorite item from one of the stores listed, that’s an option too. You could tie a Retail Therapy gift card to a favorite lotion from Ulta, a pair of socks from Nordstrom Rack or a candle that goes with the recipient’s new Wayfair decor.
Here’s a YouTube video where I explain more:
What other questions do you have about the new Retail Therapy gift cards? Let me know in the comments below or reach out to me on Twitter (@GCGirlfriend) or Instagram (@Gift.Card.Girlfriend) so I can help you out.
Happy Gift Carding!
~Shelley Hunter, Gift Card Girlfriend