Everything you need to know to activate, check the balance and get help with The Perfect Gift Visa or Mastercard from ThePerfectGift.ca.
Lucky you! You received The Perfect Gift Visa or Mastercard from ThePerfectGift.ca. Visa and Mastercard gift cards are among my favorite gift cards to give (and receive!) because they are so flexible. You can use them to buy practical items like groceries and office supplies or you can use these gift cards to buy dinner at a nice restaurant or ice cream on the way to the picnic. They really are, in my opinion, the perfect gift.
But no matter HOW you use these gift cards, the first step to take is activating the cards at ThePerfectGift.ca.
In the post below, I’ll share basic instructions on how to use The Perfect Gift Visa or Mastercard gift cards and how important it is to only use balance check, activation and other services at ThePerfectGift.ca. The process is simple. You just have to get to the correct website.
Go to the REAL ThePerfectGift.ca website.
1. Activate The Perfect Gift Visa or Mastercard at ThePerfectGift.ca
When you receive The Perfect Gift Visa or Mastercard from ThePerfectGift.ca, you have to activate it. To do this, you MUST go to the correct website–theperfectgift.ca–which is generally listed on the back of the gift card and, oftentimes, printed on a sticker across the front of the gift card as well. You may also find a telephone number or a QR code to use instead.
Below is a screenshot of what the CURRENT ThePerfectGift.ca website landing page looks like. Keep in mind, the images may change and the colors could too, but if you are on the correct website, the URL in the address bar should start with “https://www.ThePerfectGift.ca/”.
If you don’t see that URL, call the phone number on the gift card or use the QR code to be safe.
There are many prepaid gift card websites. I often hear complaints from consumers who are certain their gift cards aren’t working. When I check into the problem, however, I often find that the consumer is simply trying to activate or check the balance on the wrong website. As soon as I get the consumer to the correct site, the gift card works.
A word of caution: do NOT “search” for the correct website to save a few keystrokes. You must take the time to enter the website address exactly as instructed on the card. Otherwise, you risk landing on an incorrect site or a scam site. (More on that later.)
Here’s a Tip!
If you find that the print on the back of the gift card is too small to read, use your phone to zoom in on the details. This is an easy way to ensure you are reading the activation website correctly and double-check that you got the right one.
2. Check the Balance of The Perfect Gift Visa or Mastercard at ThePerfectGift.ca
To check the balance of your ThePerfectGift.ca gift card, go directly to the website listed on your card. I cannot stress enough the challenges people face when they try to search for an activation or balance check web address rather than typing it exactly how it is printed on the card. Though it may seem easier to search or let the computer autofill the URL, doing so increases the odds of landing on the wrong site.
In this video below, I’ll show you how easy it is to get the wrong website address when activating a gift card and why it’s important to type the website address correctly.
3. Get Help with The Perfect Gift Visa or Mastercard at ThePerfectGift.ca
If you need help with a gift card from ThePerfectGift.ca, go directly to that website and look for the Frequently Asked Questions or the Contact Us page listed on the bottom of the page. To make it easier for you, I am including links here as well:
- ThePerfectGift.ca Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- ThePerfectGift.ca Contact Us
- ThePerfectGift.ca Activation
- ThePerfectGift.ca Balance Check
You’ll find information on how to replace a lost The Perfect Gift Visa or Mastercard at ThePerfectGift.ca as well.
4. Remember to Use The Perfect Gift Visa or Mastercard
Prepaid Visa and Mastercard gift cards often come with expiration dates and non-use fees. So I make it a practice to use these gift cards as soon as possible. Here are some tricks I use to remember to use The Perfect Gift Visa and Mastercard gift cards.
To remember to use gift cards, I take the following steps:
- Store Gift Cards in Wallet. I activate gift cards and put them in my wallet next to the debit card I use most often. Every time I reach into my wallet to make a payment, I see these cards nearby. This reminds me to consider using the prepaid debit cards instead of my regular bank debit or credit cards when possible.
- Use Prepaid Cards for Everyday Purchases. Because prepaid debit cards can be used almost anywhere, I try to use them as quickly as possible on the things I’m already planning to buy, like groceries, gas and other essentials. Though not as exciting as buying a new pair of shoes or booking a trip, I am almost guaranteed to use the full value of these gift cards right away–saving the money in my checking account for splurges.
- Use My Online Gift Card Hack. Prepaid debit cards can also be redeemed on most websites. Since you can only use one form of payment online, I use this hack for using Visa gift cards online when the amount I need to pay is greater than the balance on my prepaid debit card.
5. Avoid Gift Card Scams
Lastly, before entering your gift card number into any website or app, double-check to make sure you are on the correct page. Scammers sometimes create fake look-alike websites to trick consumers into entering their card information. Once the card number, expiration date, and card verification code (CVC) is captured by a fraudulent website, the gift card balance can be accessed and drained.
This scam ONLY works, however, if you land on the wrong site. So, once again, type the gift card website address directly into the address bar on your browser. Don’t do a search and you’ll be fine.
What other questions do you have about ThePerfectGift.ca or prepaid gift cards in general? Let me know in the comments below or reach out to me on Twitter (@GCGirlfriend) or Instagram (@Gift.Card.Girlfriend) so I can help you out.
Happy Gift Carding!
~Shelley Hunter, Gift Card Girlfriend