Founded in 1999, Giftcards.com is a leading B2C online provider of gift card products, including personalized Visa® and Mastercard® plastic and egift cards, gift cards for top retailers and restaurants and multi-store cards such as Happy Cards and Giving Good. GiftCards.com is a division of Blackhawk Network.
About Gift Card Girlfriend
As Gift Card Girlfriend, Shelley Hunter is the undisputed consumer guide to gift cards. For the past 3 years, she has been quoted in over 90% of all media mentions on the subject of gift cards. Her point of view is always focused on the consumer experience including how to pick the best gift cards to buy and how to use the gift cards you already own. Learn more about our gift card expert.
With more people shopping online and looking for ways to connect with others virtually, Giftcards.com is proud to feature a variety of unique digital gift cards (egifts) that provide new options for people wanting to give a more personal—but flexible—gift.
Among the newest egift options are multi-store cards featuring an assortment of retailers, restaurants and entertainment options on a single card providing recipients more freedom to choose where to spend their gift. To provide an even more personal experience to giving gift cards this holiday season, each are tailored to a specific occasion, recipient or special cause. The following new egifts can be purchased at GiftCards.com and delivered digitally without any fees:
The Happy Card line, a universally giftable line of multi-store cards, has grown to include even more choices for these gifting themes: Happy® Holidays; Holiday Favorites; Happy® Just Because; Happy® Birthday; and Happy® to Say Thanks. Each card includes a combination of up to seven top brands such as Chili’s, Buffalo Wild Wings, GameStop, Panera Bread, Ulta Beauty, and many other options.
Giving Good™ egifts are the latest in the line of multi-store gift card products that bring together two mainstays of the holidays: one of the season’s most-requested gifts and charitable giving. Available now are five, multi-store Giving Good Cards benefiting some of America’s top charitable causes including Feeding America®, Habitat for Humanity International, Make-A-Wish®, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital® and Wounded Warrior Project®. For each Giving Good Card purchased, GiftCards.com’s parent company, Blackhawk Network, will make a donation equal to 3% of the card’s loaded value to the charitable cause on the card.
Learn more about Giving Good Cards.
Rounding the portfolio of multi-store cards is the higher-end Choice egift, which includes brands such as McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants and Spafinder.
Learn more about Choice Cards.
Sampling of Recent Media Coverage
Below is just a sampling of recent media coverage of GiftCards.com. Shelley Hunter, our spokesperson, is available for interviews on all things gift cards including the best gift cards to buy for any occasion, what to do with the gift cards you already have, ways to prevent gift card fraud and so forth. Contact Gift Card Girlfriend through our press team: Press Inquiries Only
- CBS News: The best last minute gift card deals to shop on Christmas Eve
- Consumer Reports: How to Keep Your Gift Cards From Going to Waste
- The Washington Post: Liz Weston: This year, resolve to leave no gift card unused
- ABC 7 On Your Side: Buying gift cards this holiday season? Here’s how to save or get money back with your purchase
- Bankrate: Americans are sitting on $15 billion in unused gift cards and credits (7/2021)
- CardRates.com: Expert Tips from the Gift Card Girlfriend on How to Delight Friends and Family Next Holiday Season (2/2021)
- Real Simple: How to Replace a Lost or Stolen Gift Card (4/2021)
- New York Post: 19 of the best last-minute Mother’s Day digital gift ideas (5/2021)
- LendingTree: How to Shop for Everything You Need Online (11/2020)
- MSN: 6 Gift Card Services for Contactless Gift Giving (11/2020)
- SavvyMoney: ‘Tis the Season for Financially Focused Gifts (11/2020)
- GoBankingRates: 32 Ways to Avoid Overspending on Black Friday (10/2020)
- Good Housekeeping: 10 Best Gift Cards for When You Just Can’t Decide (9/2020)
- AARP.com: Great Graduation Gifts for the Quarantined Class of 2020 (5/2020)
- Reader’s Digest: How to Get Money Quickly to Unemployed or Ailing Family and Friends (5/2020)
- New York Times: Buy Now, Check in Later (4/2020)
- Nerdwallet: How to get money to family and friends in crisis (4/2020)
- First For Women: 5 Easy Ways to Get More From Gift Cards (1/2020)
- Ellen: Ellen’s 12 Days of Giveaways (12/2019)
- Nerdwallet: When do your gift cards expire (12/2019)
- The Daily Flash: Gift Card Trends for the Holidays (12/2019)
- Yahoo!: Must Have Holiday Gifts (11/2019)
- Forbes: The Forbes Holiday Guide To Gift Cards (11/2019)
- Better Homes & Gardens: The Worst Christmas Presents to Receive—and What You Should Gift Instead (11/2019)
- Bankrate.com: Six ways to give money as a gift (7/2019)
- Bustle: 14 Same-Day Mother’s Day Gifts You Can Buy To Save The Day (5/2019)
- Mashable: Best graduation gifts for her: 50 gift ideas for college grads (5/2019)
- Consumer Reports: How to spend the last 50 cents on your gift card (1/2019)
- Forbes: The Rise Of The Ultra-Rational Holiday Shopper (And The Risks To Retail) (12/9/2018)
- Holiday Satellite Media Tour: Hot Gift Card Trends for the Holidays (12/4/2018)
- The Ellen DeGeneres Show: 12 Days of Giveaways(11/29/2018)
- MarketWatch: 8 ways to trim your holiday spending without looking like a cheapskate(11/26/2018)
- ABC: Saving on Back-to-School shopping with gift cards (9/14/2018)
- CreditCards.com: These gift cards add an extra bonus: discounts, even cash back (5/15/2018)
- Reader’s Digest: This Is the Best Time to Buy These 43 Cheap Finds Throughout the Year (5/9/2018)
- Los Angeles Times: Four tips to navigating store liquidation sales (3/22/2018)
- USA Today: Smartest way to use gift cards (2/10/2018)
- NerdWallet: The Smartest Way to Use Gift Cards (2/1/2018)
- Apartment Therapy: Looking for Thoughtful Last-Minute Gifts? 17 Ideas That Are Delivered Instantly (12/23/2017)
- Time: Warning: Gift Card ‘Bonus’ Deals May Be a Ripoff | Money (12/21/2017)
- USA Today: 3 safe, easy ways to gift money this holiday season (12/20/2017)
- Entrepreneur: This Is the Best Holiday Gift I Ever Received From an Employer (12/8/2017)
- Go Banking Rates 32 Ways to Avoid Overspending on Black Friday (11/17/2017)
- Consumerist: Payless Won’t Accept A Gift Card I Bought Online. Is It Because Of Their Bankruptcy? (9/18/2017)
- U.S. News: How 6 Personality Types Can Save During the Back-to-School Season (8/18/2017)
- Forbes: 7 Ways To Prepare Today For The Holiday That’s Five Months Away (7/18/2017)
- The Street: 10 Best Gift Cards for your Dollar (7/11/2017)
- Huffington Post: Christopher Elliott: Why Do These Gift Cards Keep Disappearing? (1/31/2017)
The logos provided below are for editorial use only. All logos remain the property of GiftCards.com and Blackhawk Network Inc. The logos cannot be edited or altered in any manner or used for any personal or commercial purpose. Product images will be supplied upon request.