There are no fees associated with using GiftCards.com Visa and Mastercard Gift or Reward Cards to make a purchase; however, gift cards that are inactive for more than 12 consecutive months will be charged a $4.95 per month service fee.
Please refer to the Terms and Conditions listed on the back of your card.
GiftCards.com Visa and Mastercard Gift or Reward Cards can only be used to make purchases. There is no cash access to the funds on the cards via an ATM or bank transaction.
Funds on GiftCards.com Visa and Mastercard Gift Cards do not expire. The expiration date listed on the front of the card (along with the CVN on the back of the card) is there to allow these cards to be processed by merchants as debit or credit cards. If funds remain on the card after the “Good Thru” date listed on the front of the card, call Customer Service to obtain a no-fee replacement card. However, gift cards that are inactive for more than 12 consecutive months will be charged a $4.95 per month service fee.
If you were given a GiftCards.com Visa card, it is easy to identify the type of your card. On the front in the top right corner, your card will say “gift” or “reward”. If your card says “reward”, you have received a GiftCards.com for Business Reward card. Please review the applicable FAQs below.
There are no activation fees for purchasing eGift or merchant physical cards. You will, however, pay a purchase fee to buy a GiftCards.com Visa or Mastercard Virtual Account or GiftCards.com for Business Reward Card. Review the purchasing fee schedule for more information.
Orders placed weekdays between 8AM and 5PM EST are typically processed within 24 hours of receiving payment. Orders placed over the weekend may take 48 to 72 hours to process. Once processed, gift card delivery is estimated below and is subject to change.
- USPS First Class: 5-9 Business Days
- USPS Priority: 5-9 Business Days
- UPS Ground: 5-8 Business Days
- UPS Priority: 5-7 Business Days
- UPS Express: 4-6 Business Days
Business days are defined as Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
We cannot ship to P.O. boxes; only a physical address will be accepted. Unless a future delivery date is scheduled, on average, merchant eGift card and Virtual Account orders will be delivered within 2 hours but may take up to 24 hours from the time of purchase.
Additionally, all orders are reviewed for potential credit card fraud. If irregularities are found with a purchase, the purchase may be delayed or you may receive an automated email to verify and confirm your order. GiftCards.com will NOT process or ship orders that require additional verification before confirmation is received by the credit card holder. Your order might also be delayed if issues are found with the custom art for personalized gift cards.
Although the front of the GiftCards.com Visa and Mastercard Gift Cards say “Debit,” cards can be processed either as debit or credit transactions. Credit transactions do not require a Personal Identification Number (PIN). If you would like to use a GiftCards.com Visa or Mastercard Gift Card as a debit transaction, visit the Change/Set PIN page.
Please note: the GiftCards.com Visa and Mastercard Gift Card or Reward Card cannot be used to receive cash from an ATM or from a cashier.
For CREDIT Transactions: If the purchase is greater than the funds available on the GiftCards.com Visa or Mastercard Gift or Reward Card, the card may be declined. To make a purchase greater than the balance of the card, split the purchase into two transactions. Tell the cashier in advance the exact amount to deduct from the card. Then pay the balance of the purchase with a second form of payment such as cash, check or credit card. Please note, not all merchants are equipped to handle “split tender” transactions.
For DEBIT Transactions: In order to use your gift or reward card as a debit transaction, you will need to enter a Personal Identification Number (PIN) at the point of sale. To set a PIN, visit the Change/Set PIN page.
Payment processing terminals at restaurants, gas stations and other service merchants vary. Additionally, online shopping carts may have certain requirements as well. Review the following suggestions to ensure your gift or reward card is accepted:
- Restaurants and other Service Merchants – Restaurants and other service merchants such as spas or salons may automatically run an authorization transaction of 20 percent more than the total bill to ensure the gift card has enough funds to cover a gratuity. GiftCards.com recommends that you ask the cashier to either charge only the bill amount (minus the gratuity) or reduce the bill amount by 20 percent and retry the transaction. Be prepared to pay the bill difference with another form of payment.
- Gas Stations – When a card is swiped at a gas station pump, the dollar amount of the transaction is unknown. So gas station pumps typically pre-authorize $75 or more on the card swiped. To avoid having this hold placed on your gift or reward card, pay inside. Tell the attendant to only charge the amount you specify and to run the card as a “credit” transaction. If you already swiped at the pump, it may take several business days for the hold to be released and for your funds to be available for spending.
- Hotels – At check-in, hotels may automatically place a hold on gift or reward card funds for the estimated amount of the stay, plus up to 30 percent for incidentals. To avoid having this hold placed on your gift card, use a credit card when checking into the hotel instead. Then pay the final bill with the gift or reward card.
- Auto Rentals – Many car rental companies require a credit card to make a reservation. To use a gift or reward card, reserve a car with a credit card but tell the attendant you will pay the final bill with a gift card.
- Online – If you experience difficulty using your gift or reward card for online or telephone purchases, it is likely the billing address for the gift or reward card does NOT match what has been entered. To avoid this mismatch, sign up for an account at GiftCards.com, register the card and assign an address to it.
Please note: the GiftCards.com Visa and Mastercard Gift Cards cannot be used to receive cash from an ATM or from a cashier. Additionally, transactions for online gambling sites, adult websites, money transfer services such as Venmo, PayPal and recurring bill payments will be declined.